Basic dough for pies: Soft and delicious for Zaatar , cheese and other stuffing.
|Basic dough for pies: Soft and delicious for Zaatar , cheese and other stuffing.||
Recipe Type: dough
Prep time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour
: This is very nice dough to work with. Perfect to make all kind of pies.
- 1 package yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 4 oz. melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 5 cups fluor
- Dissolve yeast in warm water with ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Let sit rise.
- Stir in sugar and add egg, salt, milk and butter.
- Slowly add 5 cups flour, adding more as needed to make an elastic dough.
- Mix well and roll out to floured surface.
- Knead dough for about 5 minutes.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl, cover with towel, and set in a warm place to rise until double in size.
- Punch down dough and form dough into 3” balls.
- Cover with towel, and let rise for another hour.