Sesame Sweet Breadsticks: Kaak bi semsem, very popular in the Middle East.
|Sesame Sweet Breadsticks: Kaak bi semsem, very popular in the Middle East.||
Recipe Type: snack
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
These delicious kaak are best when eaten with cup of tea and warm milk.
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups farina
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup grape molasses or other molasses
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of Mahlab
- 3/4 cup of water or orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Mix flour, farina, Mahlab, salt and baking powder.
- Beat egg into water or juice.
- Add sugar and molasses.
- Combine with dry ingredients until dough is moist and not sticky.
- Make 3” sticks and dip into sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes or dry and little brown on the outside.They will dry out later.
- This Kaak recipe is so easy to make. It freezes very well for couple of months.
Incoming search terms:
- bil semsem
- crispy ka\ak
- kael bil semsem