Shangleesheh: very tasty and delicious side dish.
|Shangleesheh: very tasty and delicious side dish.||
Recipe Type: appetizer
Prep time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour
This is a very delicious side dish served as an appetizer or for breakfast with a cup of tea.
- 1/2 gallon homemade yogurt
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon salt and 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- In a large pot, over medium heat add yogurt and salt.
- Bring to the first boil.
- Yogurt will separate.
- Turn heat off and let it cool.
- Strain the mixture and put in a bag especially used to strain yogurt.
- Put the bag in a big strainer.
- Weight it with another heavy pan or clean stone.
- After 2 days, remove the strained yogurt.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Wet your hands with oil,
- Make balls the size of baseball.
- Arrange on a tray.
- Let it dry out for 4 days.
- Put the balls in a plastic container for about 10 days, or until mold forms around the balls.
- Wash the balls with water to remove the mold. Dip each ball in a mixture of oregano and hot red pepper.
- Serve with olive oil and pita bread.