Makar Sankranti traditionally coincides with the beginning of the sun’s northward journey called uttarayan when it enters the sign of Makar (Capricorn) on the 14th of January every year. This day is considered to the most auspicious day for Hindus when days and nights are of equal length. Update Jan 8, 2008: Links updated at […]
eNews & Updates
Recently Added Recipes
- Will there be an El Nino? What does it mean?
- A tasting of current vintage, top Russian River Valley Pinot Noirs
- Nature’s Variety Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Instinct® Raw Chicken Formula Because of Possible Salmonella Health Risk
- Moses Lake Professional Pharmacy Issues Voluntary Recall of Unexpired Sterile Human and Veterinary Compounded Drugs Due to Lack of Sterility Assurance
- What makes a wine memorable?
- Semifreddi's Announces Voluntary Recall of Almond Biscotti and Chocolate Dipped Almond Biscotti for Undeclared Milk and Soy
- Cierra’s Mexican Corn ala’ Facebook Thanksgiving!
- Six traits of a successful regional winery association
- A Wine for Tonight: 2012 Chateau Ste. Michelle Gewurztraminer
- Tweets From The Tasting Room
- Wine Over Water this Saturday
Popular Search Terms
Recent Search Terms