Blackberry sauce: Tasty and beautiful sauce for a pound Cake.
Recipe Type: sauce
Prep time: 54 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 1 hour 6 mins
This blackberry sauce takes no longer tan 15 minutes, add it to pound cake, waffle or on top of ice cream.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, orange and lemon juice, vanilla and butter.
- Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolved.
- Add fresh blackberries and bring to a boil.
- Stir in cornstarch and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Spoon over cake, waffle or ice cream.